Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] 'overflow-block' and 'block-overflow' are too similar

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 09:13:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
More than the property name, I have some reservations about the name of the 'clip' value, since it doesn't really clip anything and allows for (inline) overflow. It was named that way to keep the parallel with `text-overflow`, but I'm not sure this is working all that well (also this isn't really about overflow).

Alternate suggestion, attempting to address your concern and mine:
`block-ellipsis: none | ellipsis | <string>`
or maybe
`block-ellipsis: none | auto | <string>`

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2561#issuecomment-404101168 using your GitHub account