Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors4] Name the “functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity”

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 14:47:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
For me the problem with `:if` is not that it needs an `:else`. Instead it's that intuitively I would think it would remove part of the selector if a condition is false, i.e. `foo bar:if(#cond) baz` would behave like `foo bar#cond baz, foo baz`.
Of course this doesn't really make sense, but it's what the selector seems to mean to me at first glance.

I don't really like `:where` either.

`:0` is not intuitive, it would be difficult to find its meaning using a search engine, and would require syntax changes because identifiers cannot begin with a digit.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2143#issuecomment-403849802 using your GitHub account