Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-syntax] Consider disallowing NULL code points in stylesheets

From: Mike West via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 06:13:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Two thoughts:

1.  Yes. We should lock down `file:` to a greater extent. We've had some discussion about that in https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/3099, though the conversation didn't go anywhere, and is somewhat dead.

2.  Why would it be bad to restrict CSS files from containing `\0` or other control characters? I think your claim is that it might create breakage for some set of files out there in the world? I'm pretty sure I agree with @tabatkins assumption above that this is rare to the point of nonexistence. Is there a philosophical objection as well, or would this practical concern be resolvable by adding metrics, digging through HTTPArchive, etc?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mikewest
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2757#issuecomment-403712052 using your GitHub account