Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-content] Implementations and spec disagree regarding content: url on elements

From: Dave Cramer via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 14:20:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

[The current draft says](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-content-3/#typedef-content-content-replacement):

>[using image in content property] makes the element or pseudo-element a replaced element, filled with the specified `image`. Its normal contents are suppressed and do not generate boxes, as if they were display: none.

But I'm probably missing something. As Florian said, this spec needs a lot of work. We cleaned out a lot of decades-old stuff a few years ago, but haven't yet had a chance to go through and look at everything from today's perspective.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dauwhe
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2889#issuecomment-403048433 using your GitHub account