Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-nesting] request to pick up the css-nesting proposal

From: Luciano Battagliero via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 12:49:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@tobireif,

> Perhaps allow only one level of nesting? Probably too draconian ...

Yeap, my only idea was to limitate the level of nesting... but doesn't make sense to add a feature with arbitrary limitations like that. Linters will cover that, as they are doing today.

---

Despite my initial rejection to the idea of adding native support for nesting, I realize that the issues I mention in previous comments would be a problem if (1) you agree that "flat" specificity is a good thing and (2) you work in long-lived and or large codebases where many people with different levels of experience add code; in short-lived —or those that don't require much change— or small codebases I don't thing that nesting would be an issue —at least that's my experience.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by battaglr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2701#issuecomment-403024374 using your GitHub account