Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors4] Name the “functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity”

From: Tyler via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 04:04:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
For what it's worth, languages I'm familiar with don't require an `else` or `then` statement for an `if`, but a lot of people assume one is required because many use cases do call for one. While English and basic science class does drill into our heads that "if" statements need to be followed by "then" statements, a lot of programming syntax is counter-intuitive when compared with lexical rules. I don't see an `:if` without a `:then` being any more of a problem than being recalcitrant to changing `:matches` while it is still in draft.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Tyler-H
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2143#issuecomment-402919406 using your GitHub account