Re: [csswg-drafts] [filters] Proposal: color-filter

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 23:30:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> This seems like a dangerously vague generalization.

Eh, I suspect it's okay to just literally state that every single `<color>` in properties on the element gets the filter applied.

> Also, is there any use-case other than invert where you'd want to apply the same filter to all CSS painting, but not to embedded media?

Yeah, this is my question too. A few other filters could make sense here, like `sepia()`, but I'm not sure you'd want to sepia the `<color>`s but not the images and emoji on the element.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2875#issuecomment-402320149 using your GitHub account