Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values-4] inherit() function: like var() for parent value, for any property

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 01:42:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
We probably don't want it to be a function, or at least not a function accepting arbitrary property. Different properties may have different underlying storage / handling, so it could be hard if it uses arbitrary property in arbitrary property.

It might be fine to restrict it to properties with only a single numeric value, but I believe in the past we occasionally extend single-value properties into multi-values, so a general mechanism like this may not be future-proofing.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2864#issuecomment-401987249 using your GitHub account