Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-shadow-parts] confirm browser support

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 14:48:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I feel like the problem it tries to solve is valid, but the general mechanism
seems somewhat hairy.

In particular (maybe I misread how it works), doesn't all the part-forwarding
stuff mean that a `::part(..)` selector matches differently depending on which
scope _the selector_ is declared? Or should `::part(confirm-label)` match even
if such selector is in the `<x-button>` component, as long as it's nested in a
`<x-panel>` component (using the spec examples)?

Anyway, personally I think Mozilla should take a similar position to Apple here, of
supporting the general idea but not any specifics, but I opened https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/59 to get a proper official position here.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2368#issuecomment-369262182 using your GitHub account