Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selectors] Selectors for “text-ish” and “button-ish” inputs

From: Ragdoll via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 00:53:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> It is not argument. The <input type="crocodile" /> also is in old browsers shown as text but the crocodile I'm sure is not a text.

That still works. If the browser shows `type="crocodile"` as text, then it matches the list. If it shows `crocodile` instead as an image of a crocodile, it would not match, and therefore styles would not apply.

Like @Dan503 said, let the browser decide what their mode of input type matches which criteria.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by revoltpuppy
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2296#issuecomment-364709332 using your GitHub account