Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selectors] Selectors for “text-ish” and “button-ish” inputs

From: Tommy Hodgins via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2018 04:46:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If it's up to the browser to decide, that's about as good for me as no solution. I'd still be stuck writing my big long selector list just to be sure I know what's going to be styled with certainty.

Where `type=color` _is_ supported, I still also style it similar to the other “textish” inputs.

I also style `<select>` similar to “textish” (_not_ similar to button-like styles at all) so it fits in better in forms surrounded by other “textish“ inputs, but I don't think it should be included in “textish” because it has other considerations like the arrow. You can see an example of styling `<select>` like an input rather than a button on this form: http://staticresource.com/ic-template/ic-form.html

![styling select like an input rather than a button](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/955601/36069662-1c82a458-0ebc-11e8-8424-49fef598c946.png)

Or here on another form: https://codepen.io/tomhodgins/pen/yOjrzx

![styling select like an input rather than a button](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/955601/36069679-842ea7d2-0ebc-11e8-961f-5bc99b6106ad.png)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by tomhodgins
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2296#issuecomment-364721230 using your GitHub account