Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] :drop() should not be a pseudo-function

From: Christoph Päper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 03:16:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The pattern is followed almost everywhere in CSS. I’m pretty sure programming best practices advise against functions with such a small closed set of parameters. Perhaps the WG should explicitly adopt it as a design guideline for CSS syntax. Guidelines can be broken if there are good reasons to do so. I don’t see one here.

If shortening was the only goal, some renaming would also have done, e.g.:

- `:drop`
- `:drop-target`
- `:drop-valid`
- `:drop-invalid`
- `:drop-target:drop-valid`
- `:drop-target:drop-invalid`

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Crissov
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2256#issuecomment-362473853 using your GitHub account