Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] :drop() should not be a pseudo-function

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 02:34:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The patterns you're noticing are not exhaustive or restrictive. (And omitting something else which *does* use the same pattern is kinda bad form.)  We use whatever syntax best serves our needs, and the switch to `:drop()` made things shorter and easier to type, particularly in the final two cases you list.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2256#issuecomment-362467766 using your GitHub account