Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom] Merge Constructable Stylesheets spec into CSSOM spec (#3433)

From: Domenic Denicola via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 15:51:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Note that it's not very straightforward to have a diff spec here since most methods and properties of CSSStyleSheet are modified. Our motivation for merging, instead of maintaining a separate spec, was specifically to have a single specification with all the algorithms in one place, instead of two like we have currently. Having two (cssom-1 + cssom-2) is not an upgrade over our current two (cssom + constructable stylesheets).

Would it be acceptable for us to work on a single document editors' draft, which can be referenced for implementers looking to get a holistic idea of what to implement? Of course the chairs/editors are welcome to carve that up into separate specs for W3C process purposes if they'd like.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by domenic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3433#issuecomment-447893285 using your GitHub account