Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars][css-scrollbars-1] Should we also add scrollbar width control? (#1958)

From: jonjohnjohnson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2018 15:36:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@smfr To follow up on my previous question about your perspective on `scrollbar-width` rendering at variable widths on apple systems.

On macOS I see the finders quick look functionality showing a "thin" scrollbar.
![screen recording 2018-12-17 at 09 59 am](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/181364/50095823-f7e5aa00-01db-11e9-8313-29aca76e12d2.gif)

In iOS Safari I see facebook attempting to hide a scrollbar with `overflow:hidden` and a negative `margin-bottom` value around a horizontal scroll container. You can see a sliver of the scrollbar accidentally showing.
![screen recording 2018-12-17 at 10 32 am](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/181364/50096913-590e7d00-01de-11e9-93de-ba85f91afd17.gif)

Is this really a property webkit won't want to implement from the current spec?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jonjohnjohnson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1958#issuecomment-447888050 using your GitHub account