Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] font property descriptors for variable fonts

From: jfkthame via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 16:32:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> There's also the point that we want the spec to provide authoring advice that suggests authors put the real range and not use auto. (And never explicit auto.)

Just wondering, why "never _explicit_ `auto`"? And if that should never be used, do we actually need an `auto` keyword here at all, when this case can just be represented by the _absence_ of the descriptor?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jfkthame
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2485#issuecomment-384706454 using your GitHub account