Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] Functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 23:18:40 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
And if recursion is a problem, we can either limit the number of embedding to some smallish number, or just say that it is limited by memory constraints of implementation.

But the thing I’m getting at, is that you still have useful specificity within each level of the function embedding, which doesn’t affect the specificity of the level above it, except for ties.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1170#issuecomment-332989395 using your GitHub account