Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors] Functional pseudo-class like :matches() with 0 specificity

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 09:05:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't understand why we're going down the heuristic lane again with things like "1/1000th of specificity" when the whole point of this feature is to cancel an unsuccessful heuristic. Typically when you do that, you want to be explicit, not give people another heuristic that could go wrong.
Tab did suggest a second optional parameter for adding specificity, if that is desired, and I agreed (just expressed concern that maybe it should be in the next level).
It seems to me that we are overcomplicating a rather simple feature in the last few comments.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1170#issuecomment-333073153 using your GitHub account