Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Reconsider the meaning of 1fr

From: Jen Simmons via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 16:48:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I really hesitate to change this. The way fr units are defined now is incredibly useful.

Educating people in the difference between using 1fr unit vs minmax(0,1fr) is a good solution here. People should understand the potential of minmax() and all the possibilities that Grid brings. I know that might seem like a lame answer, given how many people read overly-short link-batty blog posts on new technology and think they are done. But there are people out there working to give people a full understanding of Grid. We have great hope the industry can learn all this.

It's also likely too late to make such a change, as sites have already shipped using fr units in Grid.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jensimmons
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1777#issuecomment-329228588 using your GitHub account