Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Doubts regarding the overflow directions description

From: hyojin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 01:06:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I checked that `sideways-lr` [sample app](https://codepen.io/placenamehere/pen/ZBQrzm) runs well in the latest Firefox(55.0.3) while I couldn't find any relevant issue in [bugzilla@mozilla](https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=sideways), so it seems no plan to remove it in Gecko for now.
cc @jetvillegas @kojiishi

Regardless of life and death of `sideways-lr`, we could consider to improve the description of the overflow direction in cssom-view spec. It would be important because the spec readers likely isn't familiar with css-writing-mode spec so they will most likely be confused to understand it. As I see, the definition of the overflow direction needs for scrolling area explanation in cssom-view spec. If a [simple image](https://raw.githubusercontent.com/anawhj/experiment/master/overflow_direction.png) in which each cases of the overflow directions are described, could be added in the terminology chapter in cssom-view spec so that it will be clear for spec reader to easily understand it.

In addition, it would be specified where the scroll bar put according to each overflow directions in cssom-view spec.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by anawhj
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1569#issuecomment-328390285 using your GitHub account