Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ruby][css-text-decor] Underline position for Japanese text with ruby

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 23:42:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> The height of the visible box isn't affected by line height, but the space allocated to it by layout is controlled entirely by line-height. So I'm confused what you mean?

So what I mean is, ruby annotation containers are positioned based on margin box of ruby annotations, and given that ruby annotations are inline box, `line-height` doesn't contribute anything to margin box (at least in Gecko, I'm not sure which spec may contain description for this).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1918#issuecomment-340312870 using your GitHub account