Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ruby] Alignment of bopomofo

From: Patrick Dark via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 07:49:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ah, I see. "Justification opportunities" is a Ruby spec key term.

The spacing of many of the ruby annotations at https://choyce.tw/momguide/ seem to approximate `space-between`. I think there *should* be justification opportunities since the spacing looks slightly nicer, but there won't be much of a difference from `center` at ordinary font sizes.

Bopomofo is only used for single characters and, if you look at examples like https://books.google.com/books?id=AMVoCgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover, how much space can `space-between` add in there really? Not much. So leaving `center` or `space-between` as the default for everything shouldn't matter for this case.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by patrickdark
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1907#issuecomment-339899249 using your GitHub account