Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] New feature - scroll-boundary-behavior (an extension of -ms-scroll-chaining)

From: Matt Rakow via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2017 00:30:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'd argue this property is highly related to `scroll-behavior`, actually.  Where `scroll-behavior` describes behavioral details of scrolling (e.g. modifying animations and physics), `scroll-boundary-behavior` describes behavioral details of scrolling at the boundary of the scroller (e.g. modifying animations and physics).

`scroll-boundary` (without "behavior") seems ambiguous to me - I would expect that to perhaps define the position of the boundary, or whether a boundary exists (vs. being an infinite scroller).  Rather than what the UA will do when that boundary is reached.

I think other synonyms for "behavior" could potentially be fine, though I don't necessarily think there's anything wrong with that choice and I kind of like the parallel to `scroll-behavior`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ChumpChief
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/769#issuecomment-337082123 using your GitHub account