Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui-4] Change the pointer cursor to indicate any interactive element.

From: Adam Silver via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 07:35:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
By interactive element, do you mean:

- whitespace (right click open context menu)
- select box (which in my experience is never given the pointer)
- labels
- checkboxes
- radio buttons
- text (I can select text to copy/drag)
- file inputs
- textareas/text inputs - clicking on them lets me type into them
- images (drag, right click save)
- etc

If the definition is changed as suggested then the cursor will/should be permanently set to pointer, diminishing its meaning and usefulness.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by adamsilver
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1936#issuecomment-341954598 using your GitHub account