[csswg-drafts] [css-display] BFC roots may not be block boxes

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2017 20:45:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Loirooriol has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-display] BFC roots may not be block boxes ==
The definition of [BFC](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display-3/#bfc) in the glossary says

> Often used to refer to a block formatting context root, that is, a block box that establishes a new block formatting context for its contents.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a BFC root is just a box that establishes a BFC. It's not necessary block-level, so it may not be a block box. For example an inline-block is an inline-level BFC root.

Instead of "block box" I would say "block container" or just "box".

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1471 using your GitHub account