Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] Clarify meanings of variation range values in @font-face property descriptors

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 21:00:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I don't understand the references to percentage and percentage range for font-style

Where do you see percentages mentioned with regards to font-style in 4.4? Font-style doesn't accept percentages; only font-stretch does. These percentages are not resolved against anything; they remain as percentages and used directly when performing font selection and variation axis application. Section 2.3 mentions that these percentages are "not resolved," which is correct.

Because font-weight and font-style don't accept percentages, they are marked n/a.

Maybe I'm not understanding your question?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1455#issuecomment-303530810 using your GitHub account