[csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] Clarify meanings of variation range values in @font-face property descriptors

From: Dominik Röttsches via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 12:51:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
drott has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-fonts-4] Clarify meanings of variation range values in @font-face property descriptors ==
[In the font property descriptors section](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-fonts-4/#font-prop-desc), which describes style, weight, and stretch font-stretch has a notion of percentage and percentage range.

I may be missing something, but I believe we should clarify what a percentage corresponds to. Does 100% correspond to normal stretch and what percentage ranges are permitted. Are percentages > 100% allowed? How are these mapped to the 'wdth' axis?

Similarly what should be allowed values for `angle` and `number` for style and weight respectively? Or if we don't restrict those with intervals up front, what should be the mapping, including out-of-range values that cannot be mapped to variation axis parameters for the font?

CC @litherum @PeterCon

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1455 using your GitHub account