Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors3] better terminology for ~ sibling combinator?

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 19:18:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I agree with the original concern that "following" can be too-easily read as "immediately following".  But not sure "subsequent" is an improvement.  I also suspect that "later" could be confusing, because it properly refers to time relationships and we're talking about spatial relationships.

>From a plain-language perspective, my vote would be for "Any-Following-Sibling Combinator".

These are definitions, not syntax that people actually have to type on a regular basis, so clarity should win out over compactness.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1382#issuecomment-301887339 using your GitHub account