Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Define interaction of display:contents and replaced elements

From: Simon Pieters via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 08:37:08 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I discussed with @rune-opera, at first we thought `object` and `img` could show the children when they're not replaced elements. But `object` loading depends on the style of the element -- it doesn't load for `display:none`. So then it could be a new race condition (if the style is async-loaded in some manner, which I believe is something web devs do these days) and be pretty confusing for `object`, if it ends up as display:none or rendering the children. So always display:none does seem better.

So LGTM for resolving this bug. Further work could include upstreaming some of the logic [to HTML](https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/1837), writing web-platform-tests, filing browser bugs... 😊

--
GitHub Notification of comment by zcorpan
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/540#issuecomment-301714296 using your GitHub account