[csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Should copy Flexbox and treat stretched items as having definite size

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 23:25:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
tabatkins has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-grid] Should copy Flexbox and treat stretched items as having definite size ==
Flexbox's layout algorithm, in [step 11](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-flexbox/#algo-stretch), explicitly treats "stretch" items as being definitely sized in the cross axis (redoing layout for the contents if necessary).  This means that % children of the flex item can resolve properly, which is precisely why we added

Grid doesn't appear to have a similar clause; an auto-sized but stretched grid item would, it appears, be treated as indefinite, so %s on its children resolve to auto.  Should we copy over this clause to the Grid layout algo, so more %s are valid?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1320 using your GitHub account