Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] Font variations do not support responsive layout

From: Vladimir Levantovsksy via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 16:34:05 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Using `calc()` may be enough for weight / width variations but I can
easily foresee a use case where a variation axis of a font might be
e.g. text size dependent (for example, size changes might trigger the
variations of stem widths / serif size [similar to optical size design
 variations], etc.). If the text size itself can be part of the
responsive design, we need to make sure that the variations can also
be text size-specific.
[I think we need to spend some time thinking through the use cases
before we can declare we have a solution that would be sufficient for
all use cases.]

--
GitHub Notification of comment by vlevantovsky
Please view or discuss this issue at