Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox][css-grid] Choose a single option for resolving padding and maring percent values of grid/flex items

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 23:04:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
In addition to the above options, I'd like to add, since the stated reasoning by @tabatkins /Google of keeping this asymmetric was to allow the percentage padding hack for aspect ratio to work. I would like to submit that we should actually solve this problem in CSS. The hack alone proves developer need of this and I think a V1 shouldn't need to be overly complicated. This may allow us to have the best of both worlds and keep grid or flex (based on the above resolution) symmetric while providing authors with an actual aspect ratio solution. I have a few ideas in this space and I know others probably do as well.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gregwhitworth
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2085#issuecomment-349804590 using your GitHub account