Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display][css-tables-3] Do table captions participate in BFC or TFC?

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 06:10:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
You can't get a float to invade captions in any browser as far as I can remember. So that would be the table wrapper box.

But then again I still do not believe this wrapper-box mumbo-jumbo has any actual usefulness and the concept should just be removed. That would make both sentences actually valid in this case. The table wrapper box would be equal to the table box and would be a formatting context, and table-caption would participate in that formatting context.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1189#issuecomment-294335793 using your GitHub account