[csswg-drafts] [css-display][css-tables-3] Do table captions participate in BFC or TFC?

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2017 18:53:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Loirooriol has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-display][css-tables-3] Do table captions participate in BFC or TFC? ==
>From [CSS Tables 3](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-tables-3/#ref-for-table-wrapper-box-1) and [CSS 2.1](https://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/tables.html#model),

> The table wrapper box establishes a block formatting context.

I think this means that both the table box and the caption participate in a BFC.

However, [CSS Display](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display-3/#layout-specific-display) says

> table-row-group, table-header-group, table-footer-group, table-row, table-cell, table-column-group, table-column, table-caption
> The element is an internal table element, and participates in a table layout context.

Which is it, does the caption participate in a BFC or in a TFC?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1189 using your GitHub account