Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-pseudo][css-tables-3] Should the first line of a caption be the first line of ancestors?

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 06:23:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
http://wptest.center/#/v9wmh0 is I think easier to understand the issue.
```html
```
```css
div::first-line {
    color: red;
}
```

You are totally right that if we read the spec like it was written this should work and Abc should be red, but is black in all browsers.

I will repeat myself again and claim we should remove the table wrapper box concept, and have the captions be part of the table formatting context, and everything would match implementations and be sane again.

I am ready to keep repeating this every single time anyone mentions how broken the table wrapper box is, if necessary. So please keep the bugs coming :-)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1192#issuecomment-294336162 using your GitHub account