Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] making percentage grid-gaps zero for the purpose of intrinsic sizing doesn't make sense

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:25:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
FYI, the "size = sum_of_coords / (1.0 - sum_of_percentages)"
formula is how we calculate all intrinsic sizing in Gecko.
(I believe it's what css-sizing should say to resolve
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/347 )
I want grid percentages to contribute to intrinsic sizing like that
for consistency with general intrinsic sizing as much as possible.

I agree it might be too complicated for percentages in track sizes
so I'm fine with treating them as 'auto', but it's seems easy to
implement for grid gaps.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at