Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] making percentage grid-gaps zero for the purpose of intrinsic sizing doesn't make sense

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 00:30:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Okay, hang on a minute. So you're saying you want to back-compute
percentages for grid-gap, but not for track sizes? In both
axes or just one?

I am somewhat interested in having grid-gaps work identically to
similarly-sized empty tracks, for simplicity.

I'm also open to other ideas. However, I am still confused about what
we're doing wrt percentage sizing, in general, per #347,
and maybe we should all have a talk about that first. Can you post
some kind of position statement from your/Mozilla's
perspective into #347 and we can go from there? (Fwiw, TPAC is next
week, so it's a good chance to sort this out.)

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/472#issuecomment-247491112