Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] text-decoration-thickness & text-underline-position properties

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 01:27:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
`text-underline-position` is for the position of underline. As a side
effect, it affects where overline is, but I don't see why making it
impossible to specify both `<length>` and `under` makes any sense.
Actually I don't see how putting thickness into
`text-underline-position` makes any sense at all.

Text decoration line properties generally doesn't inherit, because
they control the decoration line across an inline box as a while. I
know WebKit and Blink mis-implemented those properties as inherited,
but I believe that is undesired. Unless there is a good reason, I
don't think `text-decoration-thickness` should be inherited (assuming
we would agree to add it, which I have no strong opinion on).

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/459#issuecomment-246155917