Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Should browser zoom affect screen.width?

From: Simon Pieters via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 10:59:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, I intended zooming to affect this. However I would be OK with
changing the spec as follows, if implementors think that would be
better/more compatible:

* In the legacy compatible Web-exposed screen mode, report device
pixels of the screen (like Chrome/Safari).
* In the privacy Web-exposed screen mode, report CSS pixel size of the
 layout viewport

(see
https://drafts.csswg.org/cssom-view/#web-exposed-screen-information )

Note that these terms (will) also affect the `device-width` and
related media features; see
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/426

--
GitHub Notification of comment by zcorpan
Please view or discuss this issue at