Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries] Media Feature: "reduce motion" user setting

From: Rob Brackett via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 21:57:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Even though WebKit has started to implement, I’d also love to see this
 framed in the positive if possible. My experience that been that
double negatives (e.g. `prefers-reduced-motion: none`) tend to trip
people up much more often, especially if they are non-native English
speakers.

Even though that necessarily makes the valueless shorthand less
useful, I think the increased clarity is worthwhile.

I like the idea of a `prefers-*` convention for these, so I’d suggest
something similar to @inoas:

```
(prefers-motion: yes) or (prefers-motion: all) or (prefers-motion:
default)
(prefers-motion: reduced)
```

(Side note: thanks @cookiecrook and @grorg for pushing this forward;
I’m really looking forward to having access to this, regardless of the
 naming it winds up with in the end :)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Mr0grog
Please view or discuss this issue at