Re: [csswg-drafts] Proposal: Add wrapper pseudo element

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 23:29:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
As I and @fantasai stated in the email thread, implementors have
historically been strongly against this sort of functionality; it
makes for a very complicated implementation, apparently.  Features
don't really do well without implementor interest, and in this case we
 have clear implementor *anti*-interest, which is a strong signal that
 we should not add the feature to a spec, as it will not be
successful.

See
<https://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/FAQ#Is_there_a_process_for_adding_new_features_to_a_specification.3F>
 for a rough idea of how adding new features work.  Author interest is
 *one* part of the process, but not all of it!

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/588#issuecomment-254668743