[csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-4] Change when any-* evaluate to 'none'

From: Patrick H. Lauke via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 13:35:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
patrickhlauke has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [mediaqueries-4] Change when any-* evaluate to 'none' ==
Currently, `any-pointer: none` and `any-hover: none` only evaluate to
true when they apply to ALL pointers/input mechanisms. There are
situations, however, where it would be useful if these evaluated to
true if ANY pointers/input mechanisms had those characteristics.
Filing a speculative PR together with this issue - see the examples I
propose there for use cases.

This would clearly be a substantive change to the spec, but one that I
 feel would open up some more granular possibilities for authors.

(this issue is a continuation of
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/715 which in turn came out of
 this isse https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/690)

Please view or discuss this issue at