Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] Should text-decoration-skip applied on overline and line-through?

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 04:00:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> From what you wrote, it looks to me that it is more problematic for
`text-decoration-skip` to apply to all decoration lines rather than it
 inherits?

That really depends on how we spec it.

For example, if
* `text-decoration-skip` is not inherited by default, and
* it is part of `text-decoration` shorthand, and
* we have `auto`  value which is computed to
  * `objects ink` if `text-decoration-line` is `underline`, or
  * `objects` otherwise,

then author would just need to specify `text-decoration`, and this is
not an issue anymore. But whether that settings would lead to other
issues, I don't know.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/711#issuecomment-261443453