Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] Should text-decoration-skip applied on overline and line-through?

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 04:00:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
On second thought, I didn't answer to your question; do you think
inherited is an orthogonal issue to this issue, or is it questionable
if `text-decoration-skip` applies to all line types?

I think there are valid cases where inherited is useful. In some
styles, underlines skipping space characters are preferred. It's
probably more useful to inherit than to propagate. For `object` value,
 authors may want to underline to all images but not to other objects.

On the other hand, your use case is valid, so I'm wondering whether we
 should solve this by line type, or by inherited-or-not, or both.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/711#issuecomment-261443424