Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries][css-conditional] else

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 03:58:05 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Again, it's possible, but I don't like it very much.  Particularly
since you'd then have the same MQ bias for the `@else` rule, where
it's much less obvious.  This feels like the sort of "legacy things
evolved into what we have today" awkwardness that infests much of the
web platform.

An argument in favor is that this is the syntax we used for @import's
condition, since it was specialized to be a naked MQ way back when.
But again, that's "legacy awkwardness we evolved around" - if we'd
designed `@import` conditions today, I'm pretty sure we'd have
`media()` and `supports()` functions, or something similar.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/112#issuecomment-222054714
using your GitHub account