Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries][css-conditional] else

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 13:42:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Okay, it seems I misunderstood how that directive works, and I agree
it looks hard to integrate them or distinguish between those two kinds
 of `@if` for preprocessors.

But it could still be solved by adding some new syntax to make it
future-proof with changes in CSS. For example, say Sass can probably
make `@+something` be converted to `@something` in CSS, so that Sass
can use any name as the directive without concerning / affecting
change in CSS's at-rules.

That still adds burden to everyday developers, but that only adds one
extra character burden for people who use Sass, while `@when` brings
two extra characters for everyone, plus the mental burden from
unfamiliarity.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/112#issuecomment-221874195
using your GitHub account