Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Specifying changes to parameters for fallback fonts

From: r12a via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 15:51:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
i gave some thought to `@font-face` yesterday, and concluded that
actually it does the reverse to what we want. With `@font-face` you
specify features and it selects a font on that basis, whereas for this
 we want to specify a font and then select features.

I suspected that maybe we need a new at-rule such as
`@fallback-font-sequence` which allows you to specify a number of
local or embedded fonts, associate them with each other, but then
establish appropriate distinctions between their features. Then the
`@fallback-font-sequence` could be given a name, which is used in the
font-family property value. (?)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by r12a