[csswg-drafts] [css-page] control space before element depending on page position

SebastianZ has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-page] control space before element depending on page position
==
On 29 June 2016 at 09:25, Christin Götz | pagina GmbH wrote:
> Hei,
>
> I’m working in book industry and my daily business is to set up CSS
for
> paged media. I have come across some shortcomings with the CSS paged
 media
> specs recently and want to let you know about this:
>
> In the CSS Paged Media Specification I'm missing a property to
control the
> "space before" an element (like a heading) depending on the current
> rendering position on the page.
>
> For example: in CSS I define a "margin-top" for headings:
>
>     heading {
>         margin-top: 2em;
>         }
>
> However, the "margin-top" should NOT be applied when the heading is
rendered
> as the first(!) element on the page to assure that there's no
additional
> spacing rendered at the beginning of the text box.
>
> This use case is an important and daily requirement in publishing
industry.
> Thus, it would be great if a CSS property to control the space
before an
> element will be added to the CSS spec in future.
>
> Kind regards,
> Christin

This was first [posted to
www-style](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2016Jun/0175.html).