Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Consider renaming box-suppress property to box-generation

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 18:43:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It really depends on what the author is trying to do. In both
cases,the layout is the same. But I think quite a few situations where
 authors want to use 'display: none', they actually want the hide
behavior, which preserves the animation timer and CSS counters. It
also keeps the box in the tree, so in implementations could end up
more performant for cases where speed is more important than memory
savings. At least, these are the goals. :) We still have to work out
the details.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/343#issuecomment-235987556