Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Consider renaming box-suppress property to box-generation

From: Nick G via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 18:27:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
`display-box` meets my criteria (that it's not a "negative" name) and
I support `collapse` instead of `hide` or the other options. My main
objection to `hide` is that it _sounds_ like what an author would want
 (for a `display: none;` situation) when they really want
`none/discard` but the fact that the element wouldn't show is only
part of what `hide/collapse` does so this may have unintended
consequences.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by NickGard
Please view or discuss this issue at